YUMveganLOVEyum - Crispy Lemon Herb Polenta Cakes with Spicey Tomato about.

Monday, May 18, 2009 Edit This 0 Comments »

First I boiled water, added equal amount of Polenta (Corn meal) (1/1 Cup). Mix until it's thick, pay attention or it gets lumpy.
Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl, some fresh herbs, soy cheese and lemon zest. Add hot mixture, mix and smooth into an oiled pan. Refridgerate. The longer the better.

Sauce:

Fry onions in olive oil and dash of wine. Then add:
Strained tomato sauce
Couple heirloom tomatoes
Peri peri sauce

Cook till reduced.

Return to polenta.

Cut into squares. Bread with flour (I use barley or whole wheat). Fry in grapeseed oil (goes nicely at hot temp). Fry till crispy on outside. They are super soft and gooey on the inside, it's kinda sexy. Serve with sauce.

OMG yum.

On the Side... I got these amazing, I think they were baby cabbage leaves from the James Bay Market. I sauted them with olive oil, white wine, dijon, agave nectar, sea salt. I could eat them forever and ever. pure love.

The little dark things are flax seeds. I covered the green happy joy with some serious flax.

0 comments: